JellyPages.com

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 5, 2016 - Tuesday in Nauvoo

Temperatures and humidity quickly spiraled back up today.  It was high humidity this morning on our walk at 5:30am!  And it was a good day for a good sweat!  Mom and I had different assignments today.  She worked the late shift for the Brigham Young Home and I had a split shift at the Browning Gun Shop.  It was non stop at Browning!  This was the first day of the Pageant and the busiest day of the year 2016!  We had over 300 guests between 9:00am and 6:00pm.

Since I had the split shift, mom drove the car down at 12 noon and I walked to Browning at 8:30am.  I took advantage of the cooler temperatures for the additional morning walk,  but the humidity was pretty high.  By the time I got to the gun shop I was pretty wet. Here are some pictures from our morning walk;

Kitty cat meets Bambi along our walking trail this morning

The Water Lillies are multiplying fast on the river!
Mom and I were both off at 6:00pm, but my last tour got done at 6:15pm.  We raced over to the Sunset stage and got ready for the show that started with the Nauvoo Brass Band at 6:30pm.  We had about 450 in attendance at the outdoor theater by 7:00pm when the Young Performing Missionaries began their portion of the show. 

Then, the opening night of Pageant started at 8:30pm so our audience made a quick retreat to get their seats over at the Pageant stage about 4 blocks away.  This is the busiest month of the year and typically the opening night of Pageant is the busiest day for Nauvoo visitors.  We shall see!

Mom and I were tired by the end of the Sunset show and came home to cool off and get some rest.  Tomorrow we begin our day bright and early!  I have 2 trek groups at 7:00am!

No comments:

Post a Comment