JellyPages.com

Friday, July 22, 2016

July 22, 2016 - Friday in Nauvoo

Mom and I both woke up to loud thunder and flashing lightening this morning.  The subsequent rain lasted over four hours and caused us to miss our morning walk!  But it was so nice and relaxing to listen to the pouring rain this morning.  I just laid there in bed for over an hour enjoying that wonderful sound!  I finally got up at around 5:45am and got my day going.

We had two different schedules today.  Mom had to be at the wagon depot at 7:45am and I had the late shift at the Blacksmith shop.  I took mom down to her assignment and then relaxed around the house until my shift time.  The Blacksmith shop has no air conditioning so the prospects of sweating off a 100 pounds was looking pretty promising.  By the time I was off at 6:00pm, I was soaking wet!  And then we headed off to the Sunset stage so I could sweat some more...

There were over 500 in the audience at the Sunset outdoor stage.  The show went well and we were actually on the shady side of the stage.  That helped out a little as my clothes were so wet.  But we did get a nice breeze and that helped to cool things off tonight.  The temperatures were in the high 80's whereas yesterday they were close to 100.  The lower temperatures and the breezes helped to make the hour play bearable for me!  This afternoon we got our final summer schedule for the last week of Pageant.  Can you believe the main part of the summer schedule has just one week left?

I had some pictures sent to me from the kids yesterday but the downloads on my phone are taking forever.  This is the first time a download has gone overnight and I am not sure how to fix that problem.  If you have any ideas let me know!  Thank you for checking in with us tonight!  We are "drained" and ready for bed!  In fact mom has already beaten me by an hour!!

3 comments:

  1. Uhhh, I worry about you guys in that heat and humidity! I'm sure you are drinking lots of water, but that's no fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get jealous every time you have rain!! One of these days it will hit us again- hopefully!! Not jealous of the humidity though.

    ReplyDelete