JellyPages.com

Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7, 2016 - Monday in Nauvoo

What a busy day!  We were assigned to the Visitors Center today and I had a taped interview from the local high school on the history of Joseph Smith here in Nauvoo.  That was a sweet experience where the class was putting together a history of the Nauvoo area for a state competition.  They interviewed one of the senior missionaries out in Carthage and then they came and interviewed me.  A member of the presidency asked me to do this last week so this was a wonderful treat for me!

Mom and I were up early this morning to begin our day.  After our morning devotional and prayers, we took our last walk around Nauvoo originating from our old house.... tomorrow we start a new walking path the same distance with a different starting point.  After our shift at the Visitors Center we went to Keokuk for some supplies and shelf paper for the new residence.  And we headed back to Nauvoo to see how much we could accomplish before our Sunset practice tonight.

It was certainly a busy day, but we got everything we needed to do accomplished.  I was a little nervous about getting the internet signal here tonight, but it connected immediately.  I was grateful for that because I am ready to retire for the evening!

A last shot of our home as we say goodbye! 

This young man, Hayden, is 8 years old!
I got to hear Hayden play our Steinway piano in the Visitors Center today.  He plays very well and loves the piano.  He is a sharp young man and reminded me so much of our precious grandchildren learning the piano!  Keep practicing!!!  We love you!  Grandpa is ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment