JellyPages.com

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 15, 2016 - Tuesday in Nauvoo

Our schedules really got the workout today!  Mom went to work at the Facilities Management with the gardening crew, and I went to the Brickyard.  Both assignments were exhausting!  Mom got home at a little past 1:00pm after starting at 7:00am, and I got home at a little past 5:00pm after starting at 10:00am.  Mom worked hard cleaning some yards full of leaves and grasses, and I was so ready to sit down and rest these tired legs!

We both started off our day together with our morning devotional and prayers.  Then mom had to quickly get ready to catch a ride to the FM department while I went ahead and did our usual walk trail by myself.  That certainly contributed to my heavy workout on my legs!  I walked almost 5 miles with the morning walking path and then my walk to the Brickyard.  The walk to the Brickyard was another 1.5 miles.

Then, at my ending time, mom came down to pick me up from the Brickyard because we had Rendezvous tonight.  It was a blessing to have a garage to park in, because just as we got home and ready to eat our dinner before Rendezvous, we had a tornado warning.  A few minutes later, it started hailing some big balls of ice!  We know that these ice storms can really damage the cars here in this area.  We were so thankful for the extra protection of getting home on time and then having the shelter for the car.

The Rendezvous Play had over 80 people in attendance.  The play went well, but right after the play, the wind picked up pretty good.  Mom and I made a bee line to our home and just five minutes after we got home, the hail began again!  Another tender mercy!  Take a look at these ominous clouds;  


I was not able to take all the photo shots I wanted, but these clouds were forming as we started the play!  Just an hour and ten minutes later, we got home right before the hail hit again.  We are so grateful for the new home and the garage for Moroni!

2 comments:

  1. I love those storms! But only when I'm home with the family and no where to go!!

    ReplyDelete