JellyPages.com

Friday, March 11, 2016

March 11, 2016 - Friday in Nauvoo

Our day started very early with our morning devotional and prayers.  Mom was up at 3:45am and I was up at 5:15am.  That seems, right now, to be very early because we got home, after a very long day, at 9:45pm.  Let me explain our day.  We had our morning walk at 6:00am and were back home at 7:10am.  We got ready for the day and left for our assignments together.  Mom was a wagon narrator and I went to the Family Living Center.  Mom had to drive, and I rode with her to the Visitors Center where her shift at the wagons begins.  I then walked over to the Family Living Center and was the first one there.

We were able to make reservations for a handcart trek for Amy and Josh and their family for their visit here this month.  And we put a request in to be there working the Handcart Site that day.  That will mark our first day at the site and it will be with our precious family!  Here are some pictures from our morning walk;

Today's sunrise at 6:35am!

The morning sun reflecting off the temple

I had a meeting with the Rendezvous Director from Salt Lake this afternoon after I got off my shift at the Family Living Center.  He is here for three days and he got here last night for that cast.  We were his second of three casts that he will ultimately critique.  

All of the six Editors, from the three casts, were called in to meet with him, and he was so gracious this year compared to what we saw last year.  He gave some pointers that I tried to incorporate in my efforts tonight, as the Editor, and I think it gave me a great edge in my performance.  In fact, after the show, and in a cast meeting with him, he came up to me and told me, privately, what an outstanding performance I gave tonight.  Then he added, "I don''t tell that very often to anyone".....  That pretty much made my day, but I have really tried to glorify my Heavenly Father in this effort, and tonight I felt that I had my best performance.  It was a profoundly satisfying feeling....

3 comments:

  1. Great job dad!! That is so neat how Heavenly Father magnifies and strengthens us through His Son Jesus Christ and His Glorious Atonement!! What a great example of His Grace at work with the gift of tongues.❤❤❤❤❤❤❤I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I can't wait to see you perform!

    ReplyDelete