JellyPages.com

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September 1, 2015 - Tuesday in Nauvoo

Mom and I are still getting used to being back in Nauvoo with our separate work schedules.  Mom went to the Log School site with a split shift of 8:45 to 12noon, and then 3:00pm to 6:00p.  I worked at Family Living from 11:45am to 6:00pm.  Our paths crossed as I walked to my site at 11:30am and she came by in between her split shift.  We will take the time to see each other where we can!  

We started off our day with our morning devotional and prayers and then off on our three mile walk.  We got back to the house a little before 7:00am and had breakfast and mom got ready for her shift.  I set out to make a batch of cookies for our cast tonight.  This was a little more challenging since the temperature knob on the oven has had the numbers worn off with all the use.  I had to guess what my oven temperature was after saying a prayer.  Well, the cookies looked like the best batch ever after I got done!  I'm not sure how they tasted because we are on a treat fast until we are completely out of debt.  But, the cast members seemed to like them tonight.

We had a good day today.  The temperature rose into the 90's, but we are looking at cooler temperatures for next week.  We have our preparation day tomorrow and then we get to work together on Mom's birthday on Thursday at the Nauvoo Visitors Center.  We are acclimating to our new environment! 

Rendezvous went well tonight and it looks like my debut will be a week from Friday.  Can you imagine my start date of being 9/11???  That date has been named "Patriot Day" so  I am hoping it will be a good day for me and for the Rendezvous Play here in Nauvoo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for your debut!☺ And a little tender mercy that you get to work together with mom on her birthday! Keep up your awesome work!❤❤❤
    We love you!!

    ReplyDelete