JellyPages.com

Thursday, September 3, 2015

September 2, 2015 - Wednesday in Nauvoo

Good Morning!  This is an early morning post for yesterday.  The internet service here in Nauvoo is very unreliable and last night I never could get a connection!

Happy Birthday Granny!

We had a marvelous preparation day that began bright and early with our devotional and prayers together.  It then continued with the weekly training meeting at the Nauvoo Visitors Center at 7:30am.  The training had a theme of what to do after your mission.... And the one thought that was, I think, most significant, was to continue fasting and praying, reading the Scriptures, attending meetings and continue serving others.  It differed quite a bit from most of the comments and desires, but it was certainly something we could all do!

Then I went to my rehearsal for the Editor part.  I got some great instructions and remembered most of the lines.  I just don't want to forget where I am at or what I say next!  I know your prayers are helping me through this assignment to learn this "foreign language" of the Illinois, Nauvoo Mission!  My mission call should have read, "you are hereby called to serve in the Illinois, Nauvoo Mission.  Your period of service will be 23 months.  You will be speaking the language of 'stage performance'."......  The Rendezvous Play will never be the same again....

Our weekly temple session followed my rehearsal.  We attended the 10:00am session.  What a great way to enhance your day by serving in the temple!  We then went to do some grocery shopping and later on had dinner with some friends for mom's birthday.  We are so very grateful for the friendships we have made here.  We took a walk after the dinner and then went back to our home and settled in for the evening.

I have to admit that I missed working on the blog last night!  Writing these posts gives me such a lift each day and I think it is becoming therapy for one who is so slow in grasping his mission "language" of stage performance!  

While working in the Family Living Center this week I learned something new!  When we were making rope during a demonstration, and found out when you use sisal to make a rope, the loose strands are rough to the feel.  I knew that if you used a candle to burn the loose strands, the rope would be a little smoother to the touch.  What I learned, though,  is that when you don't burn off the loose strands, you can place the rope, if it is long enough, all around your sleeping bag while camping and snakes will not cross it!  A scouter from Canada taught me that!!

Thank you for checking in with us today!  More from the birthday girl later on this evening!!


1 comment:

  1. Awww..... very interesting about the snake thing!! I think every camping trip I'll be sleeping with some rope in my sleeping bag!!!
    I hope mom has a wonderful day today! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete