JellyPages.com

Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31, 2015 - Monday in Nauvoo

I can safely say the transition back to Nauvoo has been completed.  This morning we were up early and had our morning devotional and prayers and took our morning walk around Nauvoo.  It was dark outside at 5:50am!  But we had a brisk walk around the lower area.  Here was a sight we hadn't seen in awhile;

This is the mommy deer.  She looked back for somebody following her.

This is her nearly grown baby!

And the baby is very close to our back yard just 100 yards away!
Yes, we are back in Nauvoo watching the deer on our morning walks, (instead of being on the alert for deer crossing the road on our trips back and forth to Carthage after dark!).  

Mom had the early shift assignment this morning at the Wilford Woodruff House just a block from our home.  Her schedule was 8:45am to 3:00pm.  I walked her over to the site and had to take these pictures;

Mom's first assigned site in our return to Nauvoo!

Bring on the guests - and the tour guide is ready!
I, on the other hand, had the later shift at the Brickyard, 11:45am to 6:00pm.  I got to work with Elder Skinner and Elder Horlacher as we "hacked" about 200 bricks and made another 120.  It was a busy work day and I also got to give three tours.  

This is quite a change of pace from the Carthage Visitors Center.  Mom and I were able to work everyday together and have our lunches together.  But here, we are separated most days.  That was hard to do today and it seemed so out of place for me.  However, we are here to serve and we are willing to help out wherever we are needed, and then share our experiences in the evenings.  The adjustment will come for us, and it will be a great experience coming back!

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!  Thank you for joining us tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I bet that's hard!!! You will adjust though! We sure LOVE you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just imagine though- you guys will always have stories to share that the other has no idea about! And you will be so excited to see each other after being separated! No getting sick of each other :). I love you!

    ReplyDelete