JellyPages.com

Friday, September 18, 2015

September 18, 2015 - Friday in Nauvoo

Here we are on my day of theater debut.  I never dreamed that this would have been the case ten months ago!  We had our morning prayers and devotional this morning.  (And probably a little more emphasis on prayers...).  We had a very humid walk with temperatures only in the low 70's with lot's of rain threatening.  It was a good walk and then we came home to make the final preparations for the day.

Of course we had to have one more rehearsal this morning and one right before we went down to the Cultural Hall this evening.  I probably have reviewed the script at least one hundred times.  Here is the debuting Editor just an hour before showtime: 


I served at the Browning Gun shop and mom was just down the street at the Brigham Young Home.  Mom had a split schedule of 9:45am to 12:15pm and back from 2:30pm to 5:00pm.  I worked from 12noon to 5:00pm.  I walked mom down to her site and then got back home and to review the script one more time.  

When we got to the Cultural Hall, early I might add, we found out that the theater would be full and that the mission president had four "VIP" guests with him.  They weren't General Authorities that I know of, but it did cause some serious reflection before the show...... and did I mention that I have done the rehearsals many times, but NEVER with more than 3 or 4 people looking back at me and hanging on to my every word???  No pressure......

And yes, I did have two brain freezes during the show but don't worry about me, there is no chance they will fire me......  I am grateful #1 is preformed and so very thankful for the blessing and prayers and kindnesses extended to me by my family and friends and fellow cast members.  That makes doing hard things a little sweeter when you have that kind of support group behind you!  And the bottom line is that all my work and preparation was devoted to furthering the Lord's work.  I just hope that He was pleased with my efforts.

Thank you for joining me tonight, and for all your love and support for mom and me!

2 comments: