JellyPages.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 15, 2015 - Tuesday in Nauvoo

It was a beautiful morning as we began our day.  We had our morning prayers and devotional and enjoyed a marvelous walk around Nauvoo.  The temperature was a little warmer than yesterday, in the mid 60's, and the air was cool and fresh.  We saw a small herd of deer this morning keeping a distance from us.  We usually see two or three on our walks but there must have been six or seven in this herd.  It was still dark so I could not get an accurate count.

We both had the late shift at the sites today.  That shift time was 12 noon to 5:00pm.  Mom worked for the first time at the Cultural Hall and I worked at the Blacksmith shop.  Both sites were fairly quiet.  Mom gave two tours and I gave five.  We had three Elder's all working there at the Blacksmith's and we each had five or six tours this afternoon.

Mom at the Cultural Hall - first time assigned!
Mom and I have been to the Cultural Hall many times and have taken the tour and heard about the history.  Now mom had the opportunity to share the experiences with a few people today!



















Elder Dennis
 Elder Dennis was on a split with a Zone Leader in the Iowa, Des Moines Mission today.  He filled in for the Zone Leader's companion who had just been called as the AP for President Jensen in this mission.  (This mission overlaps the Illinois, Nauvoo Mission).
Elder Dennis was just released from the Georgia, Atlanta Mission a few weeks ago and lives in Quincy, Illinois, where the Zone Leader's were assigned.  He agreed to be a one day companion for the exchange.  What was interesting is that he knew Sister Kylee Nielsen in his mission!  They were both released from their missions at about the same time.  Elder Dennis said he knew of two Sister Nielsen's and thought they were both awesome missionaries!  Small world!









 Well, that is a wrap for another day in the mission field for the senior missionary couple from Idaho!  Thank you for joining us tonight!

































Rendezvous was our next activity and the last one before my debut on Friday.  I think I am ready and the brethren at the Blacksmith helped me rehearse between tours.  That was the first time I had someone other than mom rehearse with me other that the play director.  That was fun to do that in a little different setting.  Then, tonight, as I was listening to the Editor, I tried to repeat his lines before he gave them.  I think I only had one blank moment during the play tonight!  I got "harmonious", but blanked on "orderly"!  I am recording it here to make sure I remember it next time!!!  Oh the exercises we "actors" play in our preparations......

Then we closed the evening by attending a lecture by Susan Easton Black.  She gave us the details of Joseph Smith's first 11 years and she did not tell me anything new.  In fact, there was one discrepancy in part of her story about Joseph that I caught so I am not sure whether Matthew Holland is right or she is right???

Oh well, it was late and we had a long day, but we had a great day serving here in Nauvoo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to hear all about you debut! I love what a small world it is! It's neat to see all the connections you make. ❤

    ReplyDelete