JellyPages.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

September 23, 2015 - Wednesday in Nauvoo

Nothing spectacular happening today except we had the day off for our P-day.  We sure enjoy our days off together and when we get the chance to serve together.  We had our weekly Wednesday training meeting this morning at 7:30am so that took the place of our walk.  We were able to have our morning devotional and prayers as we normally do and that always sets up for a great day.

We had the training meeting this morning on how to be a missionary.  Thank goodness we had some role plays and the young sister missionaries to help us catch the vision.  It's too bad that these young sister missionaries have to leave Nauvoo on their outbound assignments over the winter months, but they will be an asset to another mission somewhere in the Continental United States over their six month assignments.

After the training meeting we attended our weekly temple session at the 9:00am temple session.  That is always a wonderful two hours.  We came home and gathered our car washing materials and went to the FM, (Facilities Management), site and vacuumed the car and gave it a good washing.  While mom prepared our lunch, I finished wiping down the car in our driveway, and then we ate together.

Then is was off to Keokuk for grocery shopping and then to Carthage for my monthly haircut and missionary contact with the town barber.  What a fun day!  When we got back home, we still had time to do some weekly house cleaning and clothes washing.  We are getting ready to relax for the balance of the evening and I may even get one more rehearsal in for the Editor.  I'm on again for this Friday and it will be my second appearance.  I am so glad the first play is behind me!!

Well, that covers a great day for mom and me.  We got to talk to some of our children and that is always such a boost for us!  Thank you for your love and support and checking in with us tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I went to the temple too!! I was thinking of you guys as I was driving there cause I knew you were headed there on your day off :)! Love the temple!!

    ReplyDelete