JellyPages.com

Friday, September 4, 2015

September 4, 2015 - Friday in Nauvoo

We are just about to wind up our first week back in Nauvoo.  The house is all settled into, and our walking routine has been established, along with our morning devotionals.  Mom worked at the Seventies Hall and I worked for the first time in the Riser Boot Shop.  Lot's of first time experiences!

The morning started off with our monthly mission breakfast at 6:45am.  About 180 missionaries were in attendance.  The breakfast usually highlights those going back home, and the month of September has a lot of missionaries heading back home after a successful mission.  I haven't spoken to one missionary heading home who is not excited about getting back to their families and their homes and gardens.

Then both mom and I had the same shift and were able to get off at 3:00pm and have dinner together.  The Seventies Hall is right down the street from the Boot Shop so I walked mom to her site this morning, and she met me back at mine on the way home.  

Our Rendezvous Play was at 7:00pm tonight and the person I am replacing as the Editor did his last performance.  I officially take over for him next Friday......  Like I have said before, Rendezvous will never be the same again!  As a side note, Elder Larsen, (the one I will replace), has been the Editor for over 14 months!  (The unspoken maximum time in a role is 6 months).   Needless to say, he has gotten pretty good at that part! 

Thank you for checking in with us tonight!  It has been a good day, but a very slow day at the sites and a quiet evening as we walked home from the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment