JellyPages.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24, 2016 - Wednesday in Nauvoo

Mom and I had to forfeit our morning walk this morning as we attended our last Wednesday morning training meeting for the senior missionaries.  After our morning devotional, we went over to have mom get her last haircut from Robert.  Her appointment was at 6:00am.  The haircut took about 15 minutes, but I got up at 4:30am in order to have my shower over with before her appointment.  That gave her enough time to get ready for the day and get to the training meeting on time after her appointment with Robert.  With the handcart's not being scheduled, that gave me the opportunity to attend this meeting with her.

Mom had the assignment to work the split shift at the Stoddard Tin shop and I had the assignment to steam clean the handcarts and get them ready to store for the winter.  I worked alone since my assigned companion went to Quincy for some other business.  I also helped two new Editors in blocking their moves in the Rendezvous play.  Helping Sister Lowe has been gratifying for me, especially because of her background in theater and musical productions.... she TRUSTS me in helping these missionaries learn their new Vignettes!

After my assignment with the handcarts, I picked mom up at the Tin shop and we had lunch together before she had to return to her site.  I have been having problems with my phone downloading pictures, so I drove over to Keokuk and visited the Verizon store, and had them check out the phone.  Since it is getting to be four years old, they attribute the problems I am having to the age of the phone.  However, we were finally able to get the pictures to download. Here are some pictures from today;


Mom made the fhe final "cut" by Robert in Nauvoo

There is one excited boy to see Granny and Grandpa!

Ready for his "back to 'home' school" blessing...

Beautiful grandchildren ready to be roughed up!

More precious grandchildren - first day of school

Anna ready for first day ever of going to kindergarten!

Best 4th grader in Rigby...ever!


Bring on the third grade!  Jacob is ready!




Farewell, Sister Hansen - last day in Tin shop together!

The grazing family outside our back door!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You're almost done! Neat day! So glad you got a great response on your last performance!

    ReplyDelete