JellyPages.com

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 17, 2016 - Wednesday in Nauvoo

The mission presidency has officially closed the Handcart Station for the year.  We are not quite sure why this has happened in the middle of August with the smaller number of guests, but we will finish out our posted schedule at the Family Living Center.  Today, and next Wednesday, Elder Heslop and I will be cleaning the handcarts, but other than this one last day, it looks like we are done....  And, what a great assignment this has been for mom and me to work together at the Handcart Station this summer and see the Nauvoo miracles that have taken place in the families that have participated in this wonderful experience!

It was a beautiful morning as we began our day.  We had our morning devotional and prayers and hit the walking trail at just a few minutes past 5:00am.  It was so dark outside!  The sun's path over Nauvoo has been changing, and we don't see a sunrise until closer to 5:45am.  But we had a nice walk along the streets of Old Nauvoo.  It is such a quiet and peaceful time of the day!

Our wonderful cottage on S Wilcox

Catching the early morning sunrise

































I worked with Elder Heslop cleaning the handcarts this morning and mom worked a split shift at the Printing shop.  I only got two carts done since the pressure washer was broken.  I did those two by hand and the water was spraying everywhere.  I had to stop and put in a repair order, for the pressure washer, so I hope we can finish these carts up next Wednesday.  

The Winegar's had a moving day today.  He has been sick with an un-diagnosed illness that had him in the hospital for nearly a week.  When the doctor's ran every test they knew how and could not determine the reason for his illness, they sent him home.  After two weeks of not feeling better, they finally discovered mold in their apartment.  Thus, they moved out of that place this afternoon and I went over with several other missionaries to help them.  I am glad we could assist in this vital move, and I hope he feels better quickly.

Mom finished her shift at 5:30pm and met me at the Cultural Hall where I am trying to assist the Rendezvous director in training new missionaries in their Rendezvous vignettes.  I have been having some fun with this new adventure!   Can you imagine me directing and blocking actors???  Yeah, neither can I ....

And here are some pictures from back home.... take a look;

I am dreaming about some pretty girls in my life....

A road trip???  Really???  Don't tease me!  Let's GO!

Dad, can I dive?  No seriously....!





































































































And for my thought for the day? 

Talent alone won't make you a success. Neither will being in the right place at the right time, unless you are ready. The most important question is: 'Are your ready?'    Johnny Carson

Let's  get ready and go out and do some good today!  A thought from the Old Testament might help us get ready for the significant challenges before us;

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Perhaps a review of Alma 48:17 might suggest how we ought to prepare ourselves with this example;

17 Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

And the best part is that we are not alone in this marvelous work!  We have seen some Moroni's in our mission, and in our stakes and wards and branches that help us in achieving this worthy goal!  The standard has been set and we can do hard things together!

Thank you for checking in with us tonight!
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnnycars158444.html

2 comments:

  1. I really like that quote and of course those scriptures! Yes we can do hard things! I sure LOVE you two!

    ReplyDelete