JellyPages.com

Friday, November 27, 2015

November 27, 2015 - Friday in Nauvoo

Today we had rain and wind as the temperature took a plunge.  This morning it was about 30 degrees when we left the house for our walk.  We took umbrellas and several layers of clothing for the workout walk.  We were able to cover the 3.5 miles in just a little over one hour.  

We were up and going by 5:30am.  Of course that was my time.  Mom was up an hour earlier and going strong by the time I was able to rise and shine.  Our work assignment took us in almost exact opposite directions.  I worked at the Blacksmith Shop and mom work at the Sarah Granger Kimball Home.  Mom took the car and I walked to the Blacksmith Shop and got there about 5 minutes early.  My companion arrived about 10 minutes late so I got everything up and running.

My companion and I had several tours throughout the day and we kept pretty busy.  The fun part of the day was when families would come in with grandchildren aged children!  I love giving those tours and try to put the information on their level.  For example, when I talk about how the Saints had a community that was so willing to work together, I can equate that to brothers and sisters working together and getting along with each other, especially when they are riding long distances in the car together.  Moms and dads love me!

 For Mary's benefit, when I was telling the prairie diamond story I had a lot of youthful participation.  There was an especially astute young lady about 7 years old who blurted out how "clever" the young man was to use a nail to make the prairie diamond from the "Diamond" nail company!  You know then kids are listening when you get comments like that!  And, you know that they will definitely retain some of this information when they get back home!  Good times!

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet the mom's and dad's really love you!! That goes right along with our ponderize scripture for this week... 4 Nephi 1:15☺ You are doing awesome work and affecting so many people!❤ We love you two!!❤

    ReplyDelete