JellyPages.com

Saturday, November 14, 2015

November 14, 2015 - Saturday in Nauvoo

I am sitting here tonight blogging, and while listening to the BYU game at the University of Missouri.  There has been a lot of controversy and disruptions at this university this week and I was really wondering if the game would still be played.  This has been a very divisive week for America and the leaders of this country seem to relish the divisions they have created.  

And then we got word that the city of Paris, France, was attacked by terrorists yesterday with over 100 murdered by these extremists.  The world is catching fire and the work of spreading the Gospel has to be put in full motion.  We hope and pray for the 2nd Coming, and we hope that we can be where we can be of the most help to Heavenly Father's Plan during these troubling times.

The morning was cold and clear as we got our day started.  We had our devotional and prayers a little earlier than most days, so we were on our walk by 5:45am.  We had the early shift at the Visitors Center today and we had the afternoon to ourselves.  We worked on some additional details for the upcoming dinner we are in charge of.  Elder and Sister Skinner are on our steering committee and they got to work with us in the Visitor's center today!  How convenient!

We got to see Kayla and Nathan this morning as they came into the Visitors Center for their last day in town.  They seem to be a little more focused on their temple goal, and we gave them as much encouragement as we could.  They took my email address and said they wanted  to follow the blog.  It will be a great way to stay in touch!

I am also keeping in close touch with my cousin Tom.  He is on hospice at his home outside Fresno, and is only 64 years old.  I have been talking to him over the last few years, every once in awhile, when it was discovered he had this cancer.  Well, as cancer does, it spreads pretty fast and Tom and his family are preparing for their separation in this life.  

The marriage phrase, "until death do us part", is not very comforting when you think about the ramifications those words suggest.  For us, the sealing ordinances of the temple and the promise, "for time and all eternity", offer the most comfort to me and my family.  That caught my attention at the very beginning of my investigation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  

I am trying to help them understand the Plan of Salvation with my notes and discussions.  I hope I can convey that message, through the Spirit, that will help them generate the hope that the Gospel can bring to lives of all people.

We have had a good day and are preparing for the Sabbath Day tomorrow.  My fast is for my cousin Tom and his family.  I have such good memories playing with them during our younger years and I am grateful to be a part of their extended family circle.  Our prayers are with them and with each of you tonight!  Thank you for checking in with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment