JellyPages.com

Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015 - Monday in Nauvoo

It's turning colder!  This morning we started off on our rainy day walk with 54 degree temperatures.  By late afternoon we were in the low 40's.  We have seen a forecast for snow on Friday or Saturday, just in time for our Nauvoo Stake missionary activity dinner.  If the weather turns bad on Saturday, I am not too confident we will have a good turnout!

We took our full 3.5 mile walk this morning since we had plenty of time to get to our site assignment.  We worked at the Visitors Center from 1:00pm until 6:00pm.  When I got there I was met by a member of the presidency who informed me that we were to prepare food for 125.  

I have ordered and planned for 250.  At first he told me to return the food we had purchased.  Then he came back and told me that we could distribute the food to the mission and not prepare all of it on Saturday.  That means that if we prepare for what they think will be coming Saturday, there is no way to thaw out the turkeys that we will keep in the freezer if more show up.  I'm planning on 125!

The crowds are smaller this week so far and we had perhaps 25 or so come into the center during our shift.  We had our Rendezvous Play tonight and there were about a dozen in attendance.  It was a cold and rainy night tonight and it is good to be bundled up inside our little cottage!  

There is actress mom and her Relief Society sisters!


Elder Lasher "Ponderizing".
We are grateful for all the senior couples and senior sisters who are putting in their mission papers!  There is such a need for senior couples and sisters throughout the world.  And with the tensions and conflicts heating up in the world, the Gospel has got to be shared at a more rapid pace.  Hey, there is no one missionary more concerned about being away from family than this one!!!....  We have a 92 year old parent and 19 grandchildren, not to mention our precious children and their spouses and friends and neighbors that we are missing every single day.  But we can do this, and be a great part of this extraordinary missionary effort!  Come and join us!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, just wanted you to know I'm still reading and enjoying your blog. I sure love all your stories, pictures and wonderful insights. I think of you and pray for you two awesome missionaries everyday. I hope they call me on a mission...someday. We all miss you and love you both.

    ReplyDelete