JellyPages.com

Saturday, May 5, 2018

5 May 2018 - Saturday

5 May 2018 - Saturday

Today we had a busy day of traveling to Casper and filling back up our supplies.  We stopped by the mechanics shop at Martin's Cove, this morning, to balance the air in our tires and then headed off to Casper, about 60 miles away.  I did get my 3 mile walk in this morning and the temperatures were a little warmer than yesterday.  

Our whole purpose today was to get in range for our Verizon phone signal to work!  Talking with some of our family throughout this morning was uplifting and the highlight of our day.  It was so good to hear your voices!

Once we got all of our shopping done, we headed back to our little home in missionary village, and settled in for the day.  I could not help but close my eyes for just a minute as I sat in my chair.  Here is an action shot of me blogging and me ready for a nap!  What are prep days for??!!!!

Getting ready for a little nap action.

My blogging post!
The countryside along the highway to Casper is so peaceful.  I can picture the handcart pioneers walking along this corridor struggling to get to Zion.  They were so tired and cold and nearly worn out from their experiences.  All toll, there were about 200 deaths in these two handcart companies and these two wagon companies.  But the marvelous miracle that occurred on this trail of tears is that over 1,000 lived to tell their stories. 

And from their faith and their obedience to following a Prophet, we have their stories to help motivate us in our daily struggles and challenges.  And I can't help but think that they rejoice, on our behalf, when we choose to live the Gospel, and when we choose, and commit, to following living Prophets today!

It has been a very quiet day of preparation for mom and me.  We got the trailer cleaned inside and the laundry finished.  I have been studying tonight about the Sweetwater Rescue and preparing for the Sabbath Day tomorrow.  And, it was another "Green status" day for me.  That is translated into both readings on the blood pressure monitor being in the green, or the normal, measurements.  Very good news!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for green status and yay for being in cell phone range!! ❣️❣️ I love learning about the pioneers and their stories and how they overcame their struggles and learned that ask things are possible through Jesus Christ. ❤️😍 The stories strengthen my faith and my commitment/absolute determination to endure to the "End". ❣️ I love that! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should Spell check my posts...😂 Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your selfies! You’re so cute!☺️😘
    Love the quiet days of peace and preparation and love your green status!!🎉
    Sending all our Idaho love!❤️💕😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!!! I am glad to see you again in selfie style tho!!!! I love you so much!!! Have a good day!!😘😀

    ReplyDelete