JellyPages.com

Sunday, May 27, 2018

27 May 2018 - Sunday

27 May 2018 - Sunday

Mom and I ended our weekly fast this morning with our favorite breakfast!  I could not help but think about the fun times we have had over pancakes, eggs and hash browns with our families!  Even though I have sworn off whipped cream, I think I might indulge as a reward to coming home at the end of our mission here!

Today we had the darkest of clouds.  The thunder and the lightening were intermittent but still very powerful.  I took a picture out the window of the car as we were driving back from our church meetings;



I was hoping to catch the lightening in at least one of these pictures!  Right now the rain and the wind are playing with us as the storm brews.  And this evening, mom and I are going over to the Gilliland's for a movie.  Mom negotiated a 5:30pm time slot!  We have come to really enjoy the Gilliland's.  She is the mission nurse and he does the roadwork around the mission driveways.  They are from Colorado and this is their first mission.  We met one of their daughters a few weeks ago and we are looking forward to you meeting them when you come.

The church meetings today took on a bigger crowd than we have seen to date.  There were about 175 in the Sacrament Meeting.  And we had Sunday School for the youth, and Primary for the children, as well.  I think you will all enjoy coming here for the Sunday meetings.  Granny and Grandpa will try to attend the classes where the kids go after the Sacrament Meeting.  

Coming up on June 10th, Granny and Grandpa are speaking in Sacrament Meeting.  We are both pondering our speaking assignment since we are not given a topic.  Mom already has hers written and I am working on some adjustments.  It will be fun to speak to our group of missionaries here, and the visitors that will be here on that Sunday!  The missionaries at Sixth Crossing also meet with us here at Martin's Cove on Sundays.

I want to address the line from the Sacrament prayer; "that they may always have His Spirit to be with them".  I think about that promise so many times and wonder, how is that possible to always have His Spirit to be with us?  I continue to get insights from my morning walks and from our daily and weekly experiences.  My plan is to tell two stories, that are close to me, and that seem to explain what is really involved with, always having His Spirit with us.  As I read Alma Chapter 5, I look at that chapter as my salvation interview questions!  All 30+ questions!  Hopefully I can get a message across in the 10 minutes allotted to me!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, that line really stuck out to me today in the sacrament prayers. 😍😍

    Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you get to speak on Levis birthday!! Fun times! ❤️🎉 love you guys!

    ReplyDelete