JellyPages.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

2 May 2018 - Wednesday

2 May 2018 - Wednesday

I want to begin my blog tonight by thanking you for your comments.  For some reason, my feelings were deeply touched and I felt so close to my precious family.  So thank you for your comments and support!  We miss you and are so grateful that we are part of your family!

Mom and I just got back from Elder and Sister Ward's trailer next door.  They had us over for dinner along with the Teuscher's.  We had a fun time sharing Chicken tacos and some great conversation!  Within twenty minutes we were sharing family stories and pictures!

Dinner with the Ward's and the Teuscher's
Yes, that is a huge plate of brownies that was placed way too close to me!  I had to get up and take a picture!  Elder Ward is sitting next to Granny and he is such a wealth of mission knowledge for us.  The Ward's were here last year and the Teuscher's and mom and I are trying to absorb as much as we can!  However, it is almost 8:00pm in this picture and we were fading fast!

This morning after our prayers and scripture reading, I took the three mile walk down the gravel road to the highway.  It was crisp and very cloudy this morning.  The temperature was just at 40 degrees.  But it was none-the-less invigorating and I made the walk in about 45 minutes.  I even took a picture of the roadway that I call "Granny's Highway".  She will most likely never walk this road again!  It is along this forbidden path that her ankle gave out...

Granny's Highway
So mom took one more day to rest her ankle and ice it and prop it up.  It was a very good decision as her ankle looks so much better this evening,  However, I went in to participate in the correlation meeting at Martin's Cove and take some work assignments.  My first assignment was to update and edit the mission safety plan.  Here is an action selfie;

Elder "safety" Lasher
 I was talking to the counselor in the mission presidency and he told me the reason I was asked to do the mission safety assignment was because I know word and excel.  It worked out really well and I finished the first draft in about two hours.  The copy is on the mission presidents desk for his approval.  It reminded me of my work to write the remodel merchandising manual for Longs.

A few days ago I posted a picture of the words to the song, "Hallowed Ground".  It is a song all the Martin's Cove missionaries will sing Friday for about 200 trek leaders who are coming here for a two day training meeting for their upcoming treks this summer.  Mom and I have been asked to offer the opening and closing prayer for the first day's activities.  Mom will have to pray right after singing this song.  Read the words and imagine the pioneers coming through Martin's Cove starving and nearly frozen, and yet struggling with all their might to get to "Zion" and the great Salt Lake City;

It is not possible to sing this without crying

Our chorister had an impression this morning as we were practicing this song.  She told us that the pioneers appreciate our empathy for their struggles and challenges and especially for those who gave their lives to make this attempt to get to Zion.  But she said we should be happy as we sing this song because many of these pioneers are warmly in the Hands of a loving Father and that their stories are being told to thousands of modern pioneers who will be uplifted by their sacrifices so long ago.

And it is especially noteworthy that the pianist saw this music less that a month ago and knew she did not have the talent to play this difficult piece.  But through the willingness of this sister to make the attempt, we have seen miracles transpire and we all know that we can do hard things in the work of the Lord!  What a blessing it is to work with such dedicated senior missionaries!

Have a great night!   We love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song, I am sure you can’t sing that without tears! What a special place to serve in. I am so grateful for the faith and endurance of our pioneer ancestors! 💕❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms so cute with that tired look in her eyes- I’m proud of her for staying awake! Glad her ankle is getting better. Nice job on the draft getting completed so quick. Love you! Oh and good luck with the prayers- that song would definitely make it hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys!!!!! I love reading all your blog post!!!!! I wish you could play baseball. I love seeing you guys on pictures!!!!! Love 😘❤

    ReplyDelete