JellyPages.com

Friday, May 25, 2018

25 May 2018 - Friday

25 May 2018 - Friday

I can't believe another week has gone by and we are looking at another P-day tomorrow!  The temperatures are starting to rise, as well.  It is still cool in the mornings for my three mile walk.  However, the daytime temperatures, today, reached into the high 70's.  And I felt the drain on my energy levels, as we had a workday assignment to remove the magpie nests that are plaguing the Homestead area.  These birds chase the good birds away and make the biggest messes.  I didn't pay much attention to them before today!

Look at the size of that nest and those tree limbs used to make the nest!

Great rear view of the magpie eliminator!

The safety officer with the proper glasses!
This picture of the safety officer, (Grandpa), is taken in front of the gasoline tanks.  We found four nests in this one tree that shades one of these tanks!  We got really creative when Elder Tuescher came rolling in with the water truck.  We rigged up a water nozzle and blasted those old nests.  They use a lot of mud and larger sticks to make these nests.  I guess they have to do this project every year here in the mission!  It is a good reason to not sign up for next year!!

Then, this afternoon, we had our district meeting and clean-up assignments here at the Missionary Village.  The Memorial Day weekend crowds are just beginning to arrive and we are so glad to be off the highway!  We also were scheduled off for Sunday, so we have tomorrow and Sunday pretty much open for rest and relaxation.  After today, I am looking forward to resting this tired body! 

We were very happy to have the opportunity to talk to some of our precious children this afternoon as well.  What a marvelous blessing it is to be your parents.  Mom and I marvel at what you are able to accomplish each day, and we thank Heavenly Father for the privilege it is to be your parents and your grandparents!  There is no place we would rather be than with our precious family!!  I have this copy of the Family Proclamation posted in the shower;


I read it every morning!  My absolute favorite line in the Proclamation is this one; "The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave".   Every-time I read that line, I am reminded of my first introduction to the Church, and the Gospel, in Ellen Draper's, (Clayson), living-room, in 1971, and when I first saw a temple picture, and asked about its purpose.   And what a magnified picture I have of that today!  Not only will I see my dad again, but mom and I will work as hard as we can to be with all members of our precious family.... forever!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a restful weekend! You two ware wonderful!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow some of the jobs they have you do! You’d think they’d get some young people out there doing that! Crazy! Be careful safety leader! ❤️

    ReplyDelete