JellyPages.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

29 May 2018 - Tuesday

29 May 2018 - Tuesday


Our day started off as does most of our days.  Mom and I had our morning prayers and scripture reading together.  It is a wonderful habit to get in to and the prayers are always directed to help us and our family continue striving for our eternal goals.  We love these challenges that we come face to face with each day that will help us draw closer to our Heavenly Father.

Mom and I had separate assignments for today in our correlation meeting.  Mom was part of the group of missionaries that gave the school tours.  I was assigned to help another Elder with his project.  After the meeting this Elder came up to me and said his project was still in the planning stages so my help was not needed.  How fun is that to know you are not needed??

So I regrouped and went with Elder Taylor and Elder Tuescher to help with some road repairs.  Elder Tuescher is a heavy equipment operator and Elder Taylor has had experience working with some pieces of heavy equipment.  I was just an Elder that wasn't needed....  sooooooo here is what I ended up doing today!  Tommy, try not to be too jealous!  

Look at this bad boy!  Holds a full 5 yards....maybe

Maddie that look is for you!!

And then there was the steam roller!
Yes, Tommy, I drove a dump truck today!  Well, maybe not a FULL size dump truck, but oh what memories!  Jared may be a little jealous as well!  I was able to haul four loads and then give the roller a little run.  But the roller did not want to keep running!  It did make a good picture!  What projects do they have in the future where they don't need me???  Remember the big boy trucks?? Those four loads were about one load for The Dumping Crew!!

As we were relaxing after our scheduled work day, mom and I took another three mile walk around Missionary Village.  As we were just finishing up the walk, it began to rain.  We have the best view outside our living-room window!  Check it out;  Lot's of rain that lasted about ten minutes...

This is the view from our living-room window.  Unobstructed!
As we look out the window, we usually have the blinds down.  But since it was raining so hard, we opened them up for the full view.  That field is the area at the foot of the mountains where the handcart pioneers were taken by the wagons after leaving Martin's Cove on November 9, 1856.  They were partially frozen, starving and worn out from their travels.  The wagons were a welcomed relief, except they were not getting the circulation they needed to help stay warm.  Isn't it interesting that there are so many challenges, in our lives, that remain, even after relief has come? 

I keep thinking how Heavenly Father helps us along the way as much as we need.  Then, as we give thanks for that relief, He is ready to give us more.  We can learn so much from these precious pioneers and how they were always so quick to thank Him and praise Him in their afflictions and afterwards.  It has been a testimony for me at how they stayed positive and so willing to go through these challenges, and then tell their grandchildren that they hoped they would learn from their trials and be strengthened by them throughout their lives!

Just a few minutes ago, we got called on the radio to check the weight of our fire extinguisher.  I had no idea the extinguishers had a weight rating.  So the person asking for this information told me to ask another missionary here at Missionary Village that information.  She added, "he knows how to read them".  That made me feel like a dud, so mom looked it over, and, in the fine print, found the information.  I called her back and then I became the new expert, and was asked to help three other missionary couples read their extinguishers!  To be honest, I have never been involved with such a magnificent transition in intelligence!  Thus, my new intelligent picture;

Have fire extinguisher will train
And that's the way it was today for two senior missionaries who love you very much!  Thank you to everyone who checks in with us on our blog!  These experiences are so much fun and life changing!

5 comments:

  1. Tom is jealous!! He wants to get a dump truck again. 😂 You should make yourself a fire extinguisher weight reading expert certificate. 🤣 We sure love you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😂😆☺️ I sure love your sense of humor!! Great pics, what a fun day!😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know what they say- you learn something new every day! 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous!! I love you guys so much!!!!! You are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete