JellyPages.com

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

4 September 2018 - Tuesday

4 September 2018 - Tuesday

I think I could have slept another hour this morning!  What a day yesterday!  But I was able to get up, and going, with our normal routine of Scripture study together, and our morning prayers.  I even took my three mile walk, on a beautiful fall-like morning.  The wind was blowing a steady breeze with the temperatures hovering around 50 degrees.  I felt invigorated to begin my day.

Our assignment was to work on the sign we began yesterday.  The only issue we had was that the folks who went to town to pick up the numbers, and letters, we needed got the dates wrong on the Sun Ranch established date.  They picked up 1856, and the ranch actually began 1872.  Apparently we did not make that clear enough!  The Elder who went to town is a former History Teacher!  So much for the Sun Ranch history in his experiences!  And he is staying over for the winter!!

Since we could not finish the sign, we joined a group going out to Cherry Creek to paint the last four toilet rooms.  Mom and I got our "paint whites" on and went to work!  We completed one full toilet room and another half of a room by 3:00pm.  We then went back to the Homestead and added another coat to the Sun Ranch sign board.  This sign board is massive.  It is made up of 2" by 12" rough sawed board in a steel braced hanging sign.  I can't wait to get to the finished product tomorrow!  Mom and I have had fun working together today!

Here we are working with the Reese's

This is a picture we haven't seen in over 3 months - all the missionaries having lunch together!
Mom and I stopped for lunch at noon and joined over two dozen senior missionaries in the Barn,  It was a little shocking to see so many of us back together.  There are a lot of tears being shed with the missions coming to the end.  However, while mom and I are very grateful for the experiences we have had, we are so excited to come home!  There is no other place I would rather be than with my family together in our homes!

2 comments:

  1. We are excited you’re coming home soon!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete