JellyPages.com

Friday, September 28, 2018

28 September 2018 - Friday

28 September 2018 - Friday

This was one very busy day for these two senior missionaries.  As I sit here ready to record the days events, I am physically tired!  I keep thinking that my bed is going to feel so good tonight!  And I am looking forward, with mom, for the visit with the Sathre family tomorrow.  Our reunion will put a wonderful cap on our almost six months, so far, here in the Wyoming Mormon Trail Mission.

Of course my morning routine called for reading our Scriptures together and having our morning prayers.  We both look forward to this time of day to prepare for the events that are ahead of us.  After we prayed and read together, I embarked on my three mile walk.  However, this morning, I got about half a mile on my trail before the Spirit suggested that I turn around and go back home.  I was obedient and returned home wondering why I had received this prompting.  Perhaps it was just to let Heavenly Father know I would be willing to follow this heavenly communication.

Once I got back to the trailer, I finished getting ready for the day.  Mom and I had breakfast and we were ready to head to the Homestead by 7:45am.  The correlation meeting had seven couples and we all got our assignments.  Mom and I had a list of seven projects.  We were excited to get as much done as we could today.  However, we had some physically demanding assignments.  One was to weed wack the Church History excavation area around Fort Seminoe.  Another was to burn the trash in the Bertha receptacle where the missionaries unload their garbage.  

Both were fun projects but very physical.  We also raked the gravel road behind the Chapel, disconnected the drinking fountain at the Visitors' Center bathrooms, fixed the ice maker in the Barn, and re-stacked about two chord of firewood at the Missionary Village, and winterize the lawn mowing equipment in the garage off the pavilion.  We were busy all day long, but we accomplished every assignment except one.  That last item was to clean up the shuffle board game in the pavilion at Missionary Village.  But that won't happen until we play some games with the Sathre Children during this visit!

I got this bad-boy "fired" up this afternoon.  The fire was awesome and hot!

We were asked to shorten the grass another 3" so we mowed and weed wacked
The projects were very fun, but boy am I tired tonight!  We plan on calling PopPop tomorrow for his 95th birthday.  As far as we know, he and Julie only have one dinner appointment scheduled at 6:00pm east coast time.  They should be around all day.  Can you believe 95?  And he is still playing golf and refusing to move in with Julie.  What a full measure of independence!  More power to him!

Well, it is time to put this achy and tired body down.  A good session in a hot tub would be welcomed.  However, I did take a hot shower and mom and I enjoyed a great salad for dinner.  It looks like I will be in bed before 8:00pm, tonight, and the temperatures are falling fast.  We are at 46 degrees right now.  Chilly!  Time for my evening prayers.  Thank you for checking in tonight!

3 comments:


  1. I bet you will sleep well!! They sure know how to work you guys hard!
    How fun to have another Sathre visit😀 Enjoy! We love you and are so excited to see you in just a few short weeks!🎉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your rest! I bet when you get home, you'll sleep for a couple days after all your hard work!!

    We sure love you two! Enjoy your visit with the Sathre's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Levi saw the picture of granny and said “granny vacuuming??” I said yes granny’s vacuuming the lawn��. Hope you got some good rest!!!

    ReplyDelete