JellyPages.com

Thursday, September 13, 2018

13 September 2018 - Thursday

13 September 2018 - Thursday

We had another cold greeting this morning as we woke up to mid 40's temperatures.  For some reason I just love the Fall season.  Here in Wyoming, the Fall season started in August and continues now, into September.  After mom and I had our morning prayers and Scripture reading, I took my three mile walk in the brisk morning air.  With the sunrises coming later in the morning, I have to leave later in order to see the roadway.  However, I need to leave enough time for us to leave the house by 7:45am for our correlation meeting at 8:30am.  Well, we still made that time-frame this morning!

Sunrise was at 6:45am this morning!  This is the view as I completed my walk.
The benefit to starting the walk a little later than usual, is that I was able to finish the three miles in 45 minutes this morning!  I had to walk quickly!  What a great way to begin the day!  And we were able to have breakfast, and load up the car, to head for the correlation meeting at the Homestead by the target time of 7:45am.

Mom and I were assigned to mow the lawns today.  I think this is mom's favorite assignment, and it is certainly our favorite job activity to be assigned together.  I did not get to actually run one of the mowers since we had seven senior missionaries assigned to do what four senior missionaries normally are assigned to do.  And the grass was less than an inch taller than last week when I got the assignment, then, without mom!  

Oh well.  We got it done right at lunch time, and three of the senior missionaries completed their areas about 11:00am.  I am not sure where they ended up!  It seems like we are running out of work for the missionaries to do.  Perhaps with the ten senior couples, who leave, by next Friday, we will have a full shift of assignments when our schedule puts us on the work crew....

Here is mom brushing the lawn for loose clippings

I got to man the Rover we use to dump the grass clippings!
It appeared that the grass could have gone another week without being cut.  I only had one and a half loads to dump.  Normally we have at least four loads!  I got some good sun today, and the wind kept the cool air flowing all morning long!  Mom and I had no more assignments after lunch so we got home by 1:30pm.  

When we got back to our trailer this afternoon, mom and I took a three mile walk together.  She did not go with me this morning, so we took the time this afternoon to get some additional exercise.  These walks are so invigorating at any time of the day!

Then, this afternoon, we watched the Face to Face rebroadcast of the young single adult fireside that Elder Cook presided at, from Nauvoo, this past week.  What a rush of memories we had!  And I was so impressed with the messages that were shared by Elder Cook and the two Church historians, Matt Grow and Kate Holbrook.  They did such a great job explaining the material and answering the questions.

After listening to it the first time, I want to listen to it again!  Our Church history is fascinating and needs to be understood more completely.  What was really neat to me was that mom and I have lived almost 24 months, in part of this impressive Church history, by serving our missions in Nauvoo and in Wyoming.  Hopefully all of us will be able to review that broadcast and then read the first volume of the book, "Saints" volume 1.  I have it on my phone and will have easy access to it this week!

It has been a beautiful day here in the mission field.  Mom and I are so very thankful for the five full months we have had being here serving the Lord.  Tomorrow begins our sixth month, and we plan to race to the finish as we continue our service!  And tomorrow is also the date we celebrate another birthday as well!   Happy Birthday, Amy!

3 comments:

  1. Mom's going to have to fight Cody for the lawn mowing 🤣😂
    Maybe you can come home sooner since there's no more work!
    We sure love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn’t that a neat broadcast?❤️
    Love you guys!!😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job guys!! Love you!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete