JellyPages.com

Friday, February 5, 2016

February 5, 2016 - Friday in Nauvoo

This week the Exodus is the main topic of conversation here in Nauvoo.  We are in the 2nd day of events that are associated with the enactment programs here.  The Community of Christ Church, (RLDS),  is playing a substantial role in having speakers teach about the "Untold Stories" of the pioneers here in the 1840's.  We are seeing groups coming in from many areas, and with tomorrow's actual reenactment walk down Parley Street, we will see folks from all over.  

Mom and I both had separate assignments today.  She worked at the Post Office and I had the Blacksmith's Shop assignment.  Both sites were very quiet all day.  Mom never did have any visitors but at 4:30pm we had 3 groups come in for the final 30 minutes of my assignment at the Blacksmith Shop. That is typically how it happens on these slow days!

Our morning devotional and prayers always set a wonderful tone for our day.  And our 3.5 mile walk was cold and brisk and very refreshing. I spent another 30 minutes in some stretching exercises, and that was the conclusion of my morning preparations for today.  After our site assignments, mom and I went to the Visitors Center to post some signs about the Exodus Reenactment tomorrow,  and then we came home to enjoy a very nice quiet evening.  I am close to completing another knitted hat for one of my Grandsons!

No comments:

Post a Comment