JellyPages.com

Friday, February 19, 2016

February 19, 2016 - Friday in Nauvoo

Our one year anniversary serving here in the Nauvoo mission!  What an experience this past year has been, as you may know, from reading the blog posts.  It has been a life changing experience for mom and me.  The time we have had learning about ourselves, our relationship, our church history and the relationships with other senior missionaries and young performing missionaries has been priceless!

Today we each served in different sites.  I walked mom over to her site at the Heber C. Kimball home and I worked at the Seventies Hall.  Mom was fortunate to have two visitors and I had zero!  I did get the last grandchild knitted hat done though!  And Elder Cluff and I had a great discussion time together.  For those who know about Harvey Cluff, from the rescuers of the Willie and Martin Handcart companies, he is a descendant of Harvey Cluff.  I enjoyed our day together in our discussions and conversations.

Today we had sunshine!  Lot's of wind, but sunny and somewhat warmer, with temperatures in the high 50's.  We enjoyed our early morning walk and exercise.  And I was grateful for the wonderful workout that I had as we got ready for our day of missionary service.  Here are some pictures I shot this morning:

I caught this eagle flying overhead - that was quite an effort to look up and shoot!

Another "look up" and not get dizzy shot - geese having flight simulation training

Here is the dad of a missionary currently serving in the Marshall Islands
I had to take this father's picture and send it to Mike Poston.  He and his wife are heading to that mission in the Marshall Islands in May 2016.  He was wanting to take a picture in front of the Brigham Young home this morning as I was walking to my assignment.  Isn't it so fun to see the connecting experiences we have with folks from all over the world!

And those flying fowls in the air.... Here I am, a 65 year old, trying to look up, focus the camera, zoom in on the shot, and click the picture, without getting dizzy and stumbling off in the grass and falling in the gully's....  How is it that we get soooooo dizzy, at this age, looking up, without either laying on the ground or hugging some stationary object?? 

Oh well, the shots weren't too bad....  We did make it home safe and sound and enjoyed a quiet evening here at home.  Thank you for checking in with us tonight!  Leave me a comment!  We love you!

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome that you guys went out to eat with everyone!! And I'm not even 65 and I can't do lots of things I used to ;). Glad you guys are having a good time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete