JellyPages.com

Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 25, 2016 - Thursday in Nauvoo

We had a cold and windy start to our morning walk this morning!  After our morning devotional and prayers, we hit the trail at 6:00am and bundled up nice and warm and cozy for our walk.  The air was fresh and crisp and we enjoyed the time together.

After breakfast we drove to the Visitors Center for our early shift.  We worked from 8:45am until 1:00pm.  I was able to make a reservation at the Nauvoo Temple for our precious family visit here in March.  Our oldest grandchild, Cambry, is eligible  to enter the temple for baptisms, and she and her dad and mom will be in for a very special experience! 

There were three visitors this morning and they ended up coming to the Rendezvous Play tonight.  Mom and I enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home as we napped and then prepared for our play tonight.  

My performance was a little rough tonight!  We drove down to the Cultural Hall to help a couple in their debut tonight.  That, ultimately, affected my focus on the Editors part.  I completely blanked out at two intervals.  Even after going over my entire part twice today!  Here are some shots of me helping this couple;

George and Agatha scene

Sister Saline (Agatha) is the play director..

This is their debut tonight...
After my helpful suggestions and this rehearsal time, I've decided I need to focus on my own part!  The audience had about 50 in attendance with only 3 of them not Nauvoo Missionaries.  Elder Hansen was sitting on the second row and helped me both times get back on track!  It was a humbling two moments!

Our moving day has been moved back a week.  It looks like we will be changing houses on March 7th.  There has been a full remodel on this house we are moving in to, and the house sounds like it will be really nice when they get it all completed.  We would rather wait the extra time and make sure we have everything in place for our relocation.

1 comment:

  1. Awww.... humbling moments......
    I'm excited to see pictures of your new house!!!

    ReplyDelete