JellyPages.com

Friday, February 12, 2016

February 12, 2016 - Friday in Nauvoo

Mom and I were back on the walking trail this morning.  The snow was about 3 inches of very fine powder and the air was very still.  The temperature was in the mid 20's so the conditions were very nice for our walk.  We left the house about 6:00am and got home a few minutes past 7:00am.  What a great feeling to get that fresh air and exercise this morning!

Fresh powder on our walk, and ready for our tracks!
We had our morning devotional and prayers to begin our day.  We have begun reading the Book of Mormon, again, and we are having some great discussions on our readings.  I have enjoyed discussing our perspectives on the Scriptures on a regular basis.  It adds so much to our Gospel understanding and learning.

Friday's have been one of the days away from the Visitors center.  Today mom worked at the Brigham Young Home and I worked at the Browning Gun Shop.  There is the replica of the cabin behind the Browning Gun Shop that the original Bird family used while they built the brick building that became the Browning Gun Shop.  The fireplace has a gas flame, and I fired it up this morning to take the extreme chill out of the air.  It looks inviting doesn't it?

Nice fire!

I was fortunate to get this rare photo of a handsome Nauvoo Missionary!


We had 5 visitors come to the Browning Gun Shop, and mom had 4 visitors to the Brigham Young Home.  As we understand, 5 of these visitors are going to Rendezvous tonight, so I am sure those cast members are excited!!!....  On the other hand, mom and I headed home, and, we spent a very warm and quiet evening together.  

I have completed 2 more hats today!  I got Isaac's hat and Levi's hat done!  I am now working on Mia's hat and Emma's hat!  This has been so much fun for Grandpa to knit these hats for these precious children!  We love our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment