JellyPages.com

Saturday, August 11, 2018

11 August 2018 - Saturday

11 August 2018 - Saturday

For our correlation meeting, this morning, mom and I had the prayers and the thoughts.  We read out of the mission handbook that relates the stories and the timelines of the handcart pioneers.  We also use Preach My Gospel as a source of inspiration for our daily activities.  This was our 4th time, so far, on our mission, of giving the prayers and the thoughts during correlation.  

It was another beautiful morning as I took my three mile walk at 5:30am.  I really enjoy the quiet time that the mornings offer.  I get to wake up the sun, and see the deer and the antelope getting started on their day as well!   The coolness of the morning keeps the bugs out of sight, and that makes the time even more enjoyable.

We also acknowledged mom's sister, Julie's, birthday.  She turned 69 years old today, and she and her husband, Phil, plan of celebrating it over dinner tonight.  I am glad that mom does such a good job in keeping in touch with her family.  

Our Preparation day was spent driving into Casper and shopping at Wal-Mart and Sam's.  We also got in a few phone calls while the reception was decent.  Since our Saturday's turned into our P-days, we do not usually stop for a meal in Casper.  It has been a long tradition to fast each Saturday and make that effort to draw closer to our Heavenly Father.  Fasting on Saturday's was especially helpful while I served as Bishop.  It really helped me to focus on those things that were most important in my stewardship.  

Once we got back to the trailer, we were excited to put things away that we purchased for the upcoming visit from some of our children!  We are so looking forward to seeing them this coming Thursday.  There is so much to see and tell about this experience here.

The weather report has the temperatures rising this coming week.  However, we do see some relief on Tuesday when we are scheduled to trek Rocky Ridge.  All the missionaries going on this hike will meet at the Pavilion right next to our trailer on Tuesday morning at 5:00am.  We won't have far to go to meet up with our group, and then car-pool, in Church vehicles, to Sixth Crossing.  Good times!

Mom and I also booked our flight to see PopPop in November.  We will leave from the Salt Lake Airport on Tuesday November 6th and return on November 13th.  We will stay at a hotel somewhere near the airport that has a free shuttle on Monday evening.  We almost booked the hotel tonight, but we had a feeling to delay that decision.  But we are very happy to have the flight booked to see PopPop.  He turns 95 on September 29th and we are excited to visit with him!  The last time we saw him was about a year ago, so it it important that we get back there for a reunion with him!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, we are coming soon! Only 5 more sleeps!😃🎉
    I hope the temperatures don’t rise too much for our visit 🤞.
    I’m glad you will get to go visit with Pop pop. Wish we could get out there and see him too!
    Love you guys!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- I can see you as giddy as can be! Finally a project that gets you excited! Glad you got to build something!! So fun! I’m hoping all my remodel projects will be done by the time you get home but let’s be honest- there’s always something else to do 😂. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete