JellyPages.com

Monday, July 9, 2018

9 July 2018 - Monday

9 July 2018 - Monday

Here's to a HOT P-day!  The temperatures hit 104 today at the Handcart Parking area, before Martin's Cove.  That meant that the top of Martin's Cove was close to 114 degrees.  We had three trek groups out on the trails at the hottest point of the day.  And mom and I were off today!  That was a tender mercy for us.  

Our trip to Casper was safe and we had a great time resupplying our groceries. Then we enjoyed a very nice Mexican lunch.  We were back home, at our trailer, by 2:00pm, and we had left the swamp cooler on from cooling our trailer this morning.  Our trailer was a very comfortable 74 degrees!

This morning, as we began our day, we were both up at the usual time marveling that it was already 74 degrees.  I took my three mile walk to the highway, and was met with lots of mosquitoes along the way.  Tomorrow, if the temperatures are that high I will definitely wear my mosquito net!  The walk was still very invigorating, and I got quite a bit of arm exercising along the way waving all around my head!  The mosquitoes didn't have much of a chance to get to me!  I did get some morning sunrise pictures in the middle of the thunderhead clouds;

Add caption


  
I never did see the sun come out until we drove to the Homestead for the correlation meeting.  The weather was more muggy than we have had thus far.  However, this afternoon, around 4:00pm, we did get some rain from the clouds, and the temperatures dropped 15 degrees.  I am sure that was a welcomed relief for those out on the trails.  As the afternoon wore on, we could sense that the heat was taking its toll on the Trek Hosts from the variety of radio communications.  They were all out on the trails until well after 6:00pm.  I am sure the senior missionaries will all be glad to get their trek groups in and settled and head for their homes.

2 comments:

  1. That’s hot!!! Yuck! Glad you were able to enjoy the day inside!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh 😳 I hope it’s not that hot when we come! Glad you were able to stay out of it today!

    ReplyDelete