JellyPages.com

Sunday, July 15, 2018

15 July 2018 - Sunday

15 July 2018 - Sunday

Mom and I had a very relaxing Sabbath Day.  We did not have an assignment at the Visitors' Center after church, but we did help with the clean-up at the pot-luck after our meetings.  We had Elder Bednar's talk on Meekness as part of the Priesthood/Relief Society meeting today, and it is one of our favorite talks from this last, awesome, General Conference.  It has always been hard to define meekness.  The world has a different take on being meek that is so counter-productive to the definition explained by Elder Bednar;

"Meekness is a defining attribute of the Redeemer and is distinguished by righteous responsiveness, willing submissiveness, and strong self-restraint ". 

It is an attribute that I am working on and hope to acquire in my lifetime.  The process comes as I work on it each day and try so hard to change from man's ways to God's ways.  Serving a full time mission with my sweetheart is certainly a step in the right direction to make changes that will help me achieve the desired result!

We came home after our meetings, and the pot luck, to enjoy our little home.  We are finalizing plans to serve in Rock Creek for one week, beginning this Thursday.  Rock Creek is the location where the Willie Handcart Company camped for three days and where the rescuers met them and helped them along to Salt Lake City.   

It was at Rock Creek Hollow where they camped after a trek over Rocky Ridge took over 24 hours to complete.  This is where 13 emigrants are buried in one common grave and another two of those who helped in the burial died the next day.  It is a dedicate piece of Church owned property and a very sacred place.  I am convinced that the experience will be comparable to Carthage.

It will be our privilege to serve here and assist as camp hosts, for the week, with one other couple.  There is no internet or cell service in this remote area, so my last post will likely be this Wednesday July 18th, until we return to Missionary Village the following Thursday July 26th.  I will then catch up on the experiences we have at Rock Creek.

4 comments:

  1. That will be neat! I’ll miss reading the blog for a week, though!😫 I love hearing what you’re doing each day. ❤️ Love you both so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It'll be such a neat experience! I can't wait to hear all about it!! ❤️ Thank you for posting each night! 😍 I sure love you two! 😘💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do NOT forget to bring notebook paper!! Then you won’t forget any details! ❤️Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Don't forget your notebook and pen!! Can't wait to hear about your experiences!! I love you two!! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete