JellyPages.com

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

11 July 2018 - Wednesday

11 July 2018 - Wednesday

Mom and I were assigned to the work crew, again, and got to work with another couple.  The assignment was to get the Jackson Camp ready for a group of 200 young single adults, who will be arriving Friday night.  They are coming with one of the brethren on the Young Men General Board.  

We did some weed abating and some cleaning of the restrooms they will be using.  Earlier in our mission we were told that this campground would not be used this year, but that has apparently changed!  This campground is located another three miles away from Cherry Creek campground.

After our morning preparations for the day, I took my three mile walk.  It was a cool temperature, this morning, although it registered right at 70 degrees.  I wore my mosquito netting, and did not have any issues with those pesky little insects.  But I could not help but take some morning pictures, as I was on the roadway.  It seems that there are never two sunrises quite alike!

The promise of the morning sunrise!

The colored clouds getting into the act!

And then the first peek of the sun making sure I am on my walk!
I sure enjoy the first light of the morning sun.  Stopping and taking these pictures is contributing to me not making the fifteen minute per mile goal!  But I do enjoy the morning air, and the peacefulness of the high plains atmosphere.  It is so open and beautiful here in Wyoming, and I am grateful for the opportunity to see this part of the Lord's Vineyard!

Our work assignment lasted just over two hours and we headed back to our home.  The thunderhead clouds have continued to darken throughout the afternoon and we are getting some rain right now.  The air smells really good coming into the trailer!  We hope our car is also getting a nice bath!

As the newly called winter missionaries come together, we see an interesting interaction going on between them, and those of us coming home.  One sister was commenting in the correlation meeting about the winter missionaries, and how they will be blessed to be here.  But I kept thinking how blessed mom and I will be when we can be back with our precious family members!  

Our whole goal in this life is to build for ourselves treasures in heaven.  I am convinced that those treasures are the companionship's of our precious family members, and precious friends, we meet along the way.  We are focused on having no empty chairs in the Celestial Kingdom, and with all the energy we have, we will serve to the best of our abilities.  Perhaps the Lord will prompt us to serve another mission away from our home and loved ones at some future date.  But in this instance, He has taken that decision away from us, and He has opened the door to our return home this October.

Hallelujah!  Thank you for joining us tonight on our mission blog!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! We are so glad you're coming home!! With all that hard work, I worry about you two!!
    I'm so grateful for your examples!! Thank you for serving with a smile! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’re glad you’re coming home, too!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reunion at the cabin will be super sweet ❤️!

    ReplyDelete