JellyPages.com

Thursday, August 13, 2015

August 13, 2015 - Thursday in Carthage

Mom and and I had a fun day in Carthage and in Nauvoo today.  In Carthage we were up early and were able to take our full 3 mile walk, after our morning devotion and prayers.  We arrived at the Visitors Center by 8:30am and received our first guests at a few minutes before 9:00am.  The numbers of guests are few, but we have enjoyed the slower pace of the tours the past two weeks.  We can give more details and spend more time with each group with the lower numbers of guests.

I was able to share insights and historical facts about Carthage, and the Prophet Joseph Smith today.  The small numbers in the groups seemed to be very receptive to the things they were taught.  The Spirit was very helpful in both of my tours as I was able to share my testimony of Joseph Smith.  

Later on this morning we had a family come in from Virginia.  They had an eleven year old son with them who could have been Zac's twin.  This young man was so sharp and articulate and reminded us so much of you, Zac, that Grandpa had to take his picture!  What do you think?

His name is Cason and he has the same personality as Zac and the same sense of humor.  I sure enjoyed talking with him for a few minutes!  I wanted to rough him up a little and give him a big hug!
Mom and I appreciate these tender mercies that keep us connected to our precious family.  We love each of you so much, and we miss you so much!  

The Rendezvous Play was tonight, and for the 2nd time this week we had two performances because of the large crowds.  Even though the guest numbers are falling, we still continue to have two shows each night, probably because Rendezvous is the only evening activity still going on in Nauvoo!  We got home about 9:45pm, and I still need to practice my upcoming part as the Editor!  

Thank you for joining us tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha oh my goodness! He totally looks like Zac! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha oh my goodness! He totally looks like Zac! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete