JellyPages.com

Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015 - Monday in Carthage

Here we are at the beginning of a new week!  And mom and I hit the ground running this morning after a wonderful nights rest.  I was up a few minutes before 5:00am and we had our morning devotional and prayers and then we were off on our 3 mile walk.  We wanted to be back at the Visitor's center by 6:15am to start our cleaning assignment at the jail.  We seem to have the cleaning assignment a little more regularly this week so we have adjusted our schedule to accommodate the coverage.

After our completed cleaning assignment, we had breakfast together and then got ready for the day.  The visitors coming in today were really spaced out and mom and I only had two tours each before 3:30pm.  That is in stark contrast to the over 1200 we had yesterday in our 5 hour shift!  Yes, we made it through the busy months out here in Carthage, and I am delighted and grateful for the organization we had to made sure the visitors had the best tours possible.  It was a challenge to put it all together, and I always take a little flack with my way of organizing, but I feel it was a successful summer.  Mom and I did our best....

Then, mom and I traveled into Nauvoo for our Rendezvous Play tonight.  The evening was cool and a nice breeze was blowing that made the night air very comfortable.  This is the final week we have the second show with "Pa" and "Jimmie" and "Marie".  Things went really well tonight and I felt good about my efforts.

We have a show tomorrow night, for all the Young Performing Missionaries, where the Pa and Jimmie and Marie actors included in the Vignette will be on display.  All three cast's will show off their individual Vignette, and our threesome will be the finale!  It puts us back in Carthage a little later than usual but it should be a fun night.  

I am a little nervous about comparing one group over another, but I guess that must be show business.  I never did mind the folks at Longs comparing my store operations with other Longs store's operations.  But when it comes to acting, this is way out of my class for sure...  Oh well, it will be fun to see how everyone does their parts and we will cheer each other along.   Then we will have just one final show at 8:15pm on Thursday when our Rigby neighbors and friends, the Grattons, will be in the audience!

Now I am off to study my part with the Editor.  It is my next challenge in the stage of Nauvoo life!

















2 comments:

  1. Fun that the Grafton's get to see your final showing!! We sure enjoyed it!! ☺👍❤ We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the Gratton's can be there for your final performance!

    ReplyDelete