JellyPages.com

Saturday, August 29, 2015

August 29, 2015 - Saturday in Nauvoo

Mom and I woke up in Nauvoo, this morning, for the first time in almost six months....  Our new residence has been dedicated and we slept very well last night!  We are grateful for the opportunity to be back here in Nauvoo.  We had our morning devotional and then took our first walk around Nauvoo at 6:30am this morning.  The morning air promised to be a warm and humid day, but it was a good walk.  We came home and prepared for our day.  After breakfast we attended the 9:00am temple session.  We were grateful to walk over to the temple that is about a three block walk.  So nice!

After our temple session, we walked home and had our lunch together before beginning our weekly fast.  It was so nice to have another day of rest and relaxation after the events involved in the move this week.  I even got to take a nap!

We then experienced a civil wedding of one of the senior sister missionaries just released from the mission this week.  It looked like nearly all the missionaries were there to lend her support as she and her new husband open this new chapter in their lives.  

I sat a little closer to mom and was grateful that we could be together and experience this mission along side each other.  It has been a blessing to live this long and learn and grow in our understanding of the Gospel and of each other!  Imagine that!  We will celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary this coming February!  We can't take our time together for granted and I need to be a better husband and companion to my sweetheart!

Here is a picture of the couple about to say "I do"....
Watkins/Nichols Wedding in the Women's Garden - Nauvoo
Then, as our final Saturday activity, mom and I went to see another cast perform in the Rendezvous Play.  I wanted to see how the Editor moves around the stage and interacts with the audience.  I was not disappointed in learning about my role tonight, and, guess what?  I am actually looking forward to getting started.........crazy me!

We are grateful to be here in Nauvoo where we can walk to practically every event.  So, tomorrow, if we are not in the middle of a rain storm, we will walk to Church!

Thank you for checking in with us tonight and CONGRATULATIONS Tom and Josie!!  

We love you!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you are very anxious to get this editor part started! You've practiced and prepared so much for it! You'll do amazing!
    So glad that you "tucked" Moroni in for a much needed rest! I bet you two loved walking everywhere today! Love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love that you're excited to be "the Editor" 😃
    This is Mary, by the way. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am sure curious as to what the congratulations is for. I'm glad I find out about things from someone! I'm excited that you are excited to start this editor part!

    ReplyDelete