JellyPages.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 12, 2015 - Wednesday in Carthage

The days are really settling down around here in Carthage and Nauvoo.  We are all in the process of evaluating the busy summer season that has just passed.  This morning, after mom and I had our morning devotional and prayers, we drove into Nauvoo for our weekly Wednesday training meeting.  The theme evolved around the Pageants and the experiences that different missionaries had.  Mom and I were not able to attend any one of the performances with the travel time back to Carthage after each trip into Nauvoo.  It did look like a wonderful experience for those that were able to attend.  We do have next year where we will be located in Nauvoo and thus eliminating all that travel time.

After the training meeting I spent some time with our Rendezvous director in reviewing the part as the Editor.  It is coming along for sure.  But this is so far out of my comfort zone!  I want my mind to retain these lines, and the flow of this play to be so clear in my mind, that I can pick up anywhere in the play and know what I am going to say and what I might be doing.  It is so different than running a drug store, or a remodeling crew, or even a deli!  But I do see some progress and our director is so positive about my improvements that it makes me want to try harder.  There is a lesson there.... we can be such a force for good if we can just catch someone doing something right!

Mom and I then went to the temple and got some family names advanced through the initiatory process.  We will be able to complete the endowments with succeeding visits to the temple....  And the temple has slowed way down with patrons and we will be able to start going once a week again.

We then drove to Quincy and did some grocery shopping.  As I was leaving Carthage, the gas prices had dropped another penny last night and the gallon price was down to $2.31.  When we got back from Quincy about 2 hours later, they had risen to $2.47 a gallon.  Someone is playing games with the gas prices and I was just a little bit upset that I had missed the lower price...

I finished off the active part of the day with washing the car.  It feels more like a Fall day than the middle of August, and the full heat of the summer.  The temperature was in the high 70's most of the day and very comfortable this late afternoon while I was working on the car.  It was so nice not to have to go anywhere tonight!  Now I am going to work on my part as the Editor one more time before going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to make an awesome editor!!☺We are all praying for you!!❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You guys have SUPER cheap gas!!! Ours is hovering around 3.00. (Not Cool)

    ReplyDelete