JellyPages.com

Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 7, 2016 - Thursday in Nauvoo

I just had a wonderful talk with Hayley tonight.  We spoke about how things were going in her young and precious life and it was fun to hear her voice.  I had the feeling to give her a call and let her know how much we love her and miss her.  Being a grandparent on a two year mission is not the easiest thing I have done in my life!  I also got to talk with Mia and Emma and give them our love as well!

Our morning started off with our devotional and prayers.  Then we got to take our long walk around Nauvoo.  It was in the mid 30's today!  The air was so fresh, and thick with moisture, but we had no rain.  We sure enjoy our morning routine and feel grateful that we can have these experiences here in Nauvoo.

Both mom and I served together in the Visitors Center on the morning shift.  We got there at 8:40am and were off at about 1:30pm.  And, we had a few visitors this morning!  There was a young family on their way to Washington, DC.  They have a very young daughter who painted a picture, and received the top honors nationwide on her picture, and they were traveling from Utah for her to receive her reward and recognition.

We spent the afternoon doing our weekly cleaning chores around the house and then I finished off my second knit cap for the Humanitarian efforts here in the mission.  I have my third hat started, and took a little break to post on my blog.  I am hoping to get the first year of blogging published in the next few months...

This is the week that we have been saying "good bye" to our mission president and his wife.  They leave after they spend two weeks of transition with the new mission president, who is due to arrive next week.  We have enjoyed the kind and gentle administration of President Gibbons and his wife.  They are both precious servants of the Lord, Jesus Christ, and they are without guile.  

It has been such a blessing to see just how kind these wonderful people have been to each missionary.  Regardless of our shortcomings and imperfections as senior missionaries, they treat each of us as if we were perfect disciples.  He has been able to answer any question, or give any counsel, with a signature smile on his face, and I have never heard him using a discouraging word.  

He has set a standard that is to be emulated and followed all the remainder of my days!  It is such a high standard, but one that will bring eternal rewards if I can just incorporate it into my thoughts, and my words, and, ultimately, my actions. Isn't it wonderful to have these kinds of examples in our lives?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Thank goodness for the good examples in our lives!❤ I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete