JellyPages.com

Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 23, 2016 - Saturday in Nauvoo

Today was a cold day but there was no wind to make it really cold.  So after our prayers and morning devotional, we started our walk around Nauvoo.  We had a commitment to help clean the Stake Center at 7:15am so we walked half of our trail, came home, and had breakfast, and then walked to the Stake Center.  It did not take any distance away from our walk so we were able to get our full exercise and fulfill the service assignment as well.

We got home about 8:30am and had the entire morning to get ready for our site assignment at the Visitors Center.  Our shift started at 1:00pm and we worked until 6:00pm.  We had several families come in today.  We got to show some of the families the movies in the theater, and the kids really had fun.  They could not stay for the Rendezvous Play tonight, but they promised to come back.  They only live about two hours away, and the Nauvoo Temple is in their temple district.

I got to make some progress on Hayley's winter hat this morning.  This is my 8th hat and I am moving along right on track to get all 20 of the hats done before April.  This has been a fun project for me and I get to spend about 6 hours on each hat and just be thinking about that precious grandchild I am making the hat for.  Mom caught me this morning in this picture;

Look at that focus!
Our Rendezvous Play was attended by 2 non member guests.  They were a young couple and I am sure they felt quite overwhelmed by the senior missionaries.  I tried to not super focus on them as the Editor, even though that is part of the process of the Editor.  But I did try to tell the story of Nauvoo, in their terms, so that they might get a feel for the work that was accomplished by the Saints in the 1840's here in Nauvoo.  They did get a Book of Mormon from the missionaries at the Visitors Center before mom and I got there this afternoon.  Let's hope that this was a good experience for them!

1 comment: