JellyPages.com

Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22, 2016 - Friday in Nauvoo

This was a very quiet day here in Nauvoo.  Mom and I served in separate sites and we both had just one visitor.  Mom was at the Post Office site and I was at Riser Boot.  We both served from 9:45am until 5:00pm.  Both sites are within a city block of each other so we got to walk to our assignments together and then we walked home after we closed.  I was able to start and finish another hat during my time at the Riser Boot Shop.  That makes 7 hats that I have completed for the grandchildren and 4 that I finished for the Humanitarian projects.

Our morning began with our morning prayers and devotional.  And then we took our morning walk.  The temperatures were in the low 20's but we were very warm and comfortable.  After 3.5 miles, I am actually feeling a little cold from the sweat!  But it is so invigorating to keep up our routine each morning that we can!

We got home at about 5:15pm and spent a quiet evening here at home.  I started Hayley's hat and I think that she will like these colors.  I finished Bobby's hat and will start Callie and Courtney's hats next.  I think that things will get a little crazy here in Nauvoo after March, so time is of the essence!

No comments:

Post a Comment