JellyPages.com

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 27, 2016 - Wednesday in Nauvoo

Our weekly mission training meeting was so refreshing and inspiring!  Our new mission president has streamlined the weekly format to maximize the training time.  He has all the announcements and site changes on a power-point slide and he eliminated about 10 to 15 minutes worth of down time.  He got right into the training and set the tone for his presidency.  I was invigorated and very impressed with his presentation on the summary of the worldwide missionary broadcast last week.  We are looking forward to working with him and this new direction.

Mom and I were up early for our morning prayers and devotional.  Mom always starts her day at least an hour before me.  I spend my quiet preparation time in the evening hours and she spends her time in the early morning hours.  We were both ready to walk to the training meeting by 7:15am this morning, and we were the first ones there at the Visitors Center.  We got things opened up and we were ready, for the missionaries to begin arriving for the 8:00am meeting, by 7:30am.

We then had separate site assignments today.  Mom worked at Lucy Mark Smiths home and I worked at George Riser's Boot Shop.  We had two guests come into the boot shop and they were the only two who came to Rendezvous tonight.  It is very challenging to do Rendezvous for two people, but it can be done!  We have proved that now, on several occasions!  We have had a good day, today.

While I was serving at the boot shop I got a text from Zac, my grandson.  He asked me to give him a call when I had a moment.  He told me that he had mastered the 100 yard swim and now had qualified at a First Class Scout.  He turns 12 in June and will be a great Priesthood holder!  I was so grateful to have him give me that wonderful message!  We are so proud of him and his accomplishment!  Congratulations Zac!!

1 comment:

  1. I SURE LOVE you two! You're awesome and such great examples! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete