JellyPages.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 13, 2016 - Wednesday in Nauvoo

Wednesday is our weekly training meeting at the Visitors Center.  It is also our laundry day and our house cleaning day.  And this month, it is also our Rendezvous night!  Things looked a little hectic as we began this day!  Of course mom was up before 4:00am to begin her day.  She got started on the laundry after her morning prayers and scripture study.  I finally got up around 5:30am and we had our morning devotional and prayers together.  

Since we did not have time for our morning walk, I had a good workout while mom showered and got ready for the day.  After my workout and breakfast and shower, we left for the training meeting.  Mom had a part in the training as she related the experience she had in Carthage with Elder Hansen helping a member get back home.  This young man had been roughly treated by the Carthage police and jail folks when he was trying to make a traffic ticket right.  

Elder Hansen stepped in when he showed up at the Carthage Visitors Center and asked for some help.  We saw Elder Hansen act as an angel to this young man when he took him to Keokuk to catch a bus home.  The next bus was the following day so Elder Hansen got him a hotel room and some food.  The clerk at the hotel was very much affected by this act of kindness shown this young man. 

The training meeting was about angels working in our lives.  There were several good and uplifting stories of some of the angels in our midst.    And there were some stories that lacked the angel in us.  The whole point of the training was to be a little kinder and a little more considerate of those you come in contact with.  In addition, the meeting today was President Gibbons and Sister Gibbons last training meeting of their mission.  

Mom served at the Lyon Drug Store from 10:00am until 5:00pm and I had a little shorter shift at the Seventies Hall from 12:00noon until 5:00pm.  I got to get some work done at home and then left for my assignment at 11:45am.  At the end of our shifts, in which we had no visitors at either site, we got an email cancelling Rendezvous.  No tickets were requested, so we had the night off.  It was a welcomed development and I was able to finish a birthday knitted hat for my precious granddaughter. 

The morning sun breaking through

The evening sunset from the Seventies Hall tonight
On my way home from walking mom to her site assignment, I got the morning picture.  The clouds were magnificent!  Then, as I completed my site assignment at the Seventies Hall, I got the evening sunset picture.  The Mississippi appeared to be ablaze of fire!  

It has been a good day.  Thank you for checking in with us tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Mom has a neat poem about about kindness... About never regretting being too kind. I love that!! Kindness begins with me and Be nice anyway, are two frequently stated reminders around these parts!!❤

    ReplyDelete