JellyPages.com

Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016 - Monday in Nauvoo

Mom and I have enjoyed another Preparation day together.  We were up early to get a head start on the day with our morning devotional and prayers.  We took our extended walk this morning with temperatures in the high 20's and no wind.  It was a very comfortable walk around Old Nauvoo.  We got ready for the day and headed out the door a little before 9:00am.  

Our first stop was to set up reservations at the Nauvoo Condos for Josh and Amy's visit in March.  We are so excited to have family coming again to see us here in Nauvoo! We then drove to Quincy to get our monthly supplies and enjoyed the extended trip together.  We were back in Nauvoo by 1:30pm, and got the supplies unloaded from the van.

As I was finishing unloading those groceries, I decided to go to the facilities management compound to wash the car.  I hate to have the salt and road film on the car for very long and the temperatures were now in the high 30's.  It was a good decision because when I got there, our mission finance person was attempting to wash his car in his suit.  I had on my joggers so it was a no brainer to help him get his car clean. That did not take long and then I was able to get our car scrubbed and vacuumed.  It looked so much better!

When I got back to the house mom had just finished preparing our afternoon meal.  Then I got this urge to bake cookies.  Since we are on a treat fast, the cookies went to site missionaries around the area.  We also stopped by the Pageant offices and shared a bag with them.  It was a good effort because she has been sick for the last two or so weeks and she looked much better today!

I have always enjoyed baking cookies with the children and grandchildren.  But since we have been on this treat fast, I haven't taken the time to do this, and I really missed it!  It was fun to share with some of the site missionaries, and I hoped the cookies tasted good!  After-all, I could not sample them to insure quality control!  

And Hayley, your knitted hat is done!   This is my 8th knitted cap and what a fun project for me to be engaged in for all the grandchildren!  We also got word that Devyn will be here in Nauvoo for EFY in August!!  We are excited to see her and her parents!  Thank you, Jackie, for letting us know, and giving us the opportunity to anticipate this reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment