JellyPages.com

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1, 2015 - Wednesday in Carthage

We made it to another Wednesday Preparation Day!  And, as is customary, we began our day with a morning devotional and prayer and then a drive into Nauvoo.  We left our house about 7:10am and we had the opening and closing prayer assignments for the meeting.  The Wednesday training meeting was to inform us about the British Pageant.  The funny thing about this was they asked the 250 or so missionaries who had been here in the Nauvoo Mission last years and saw the pageant.  When about 70 hands went up I thought they might explain a little more than they did about how the senior missionaries would participate.  But, alas, they just said "ask the missionaries from last year", and proceeded to sing some songs and then left the training.  They were very kind and we had them out at Carthage on Monday, but I sure felt lost with this presentation!

Mom and I then went to a rehearsal for my part in Rendezvous.  The rehearsals have all been set for Wednesdays and it seems like our director wants me up and going as soon as possible.... after all, it is only 14 pages of lines!  Mom has been helping me with the study and memorization of the lines.  I can't believe how slow I am, at remembering these lines.  

The rehearsal ended at 10:00am and mom and I made the 11:00am temple session.  We got there just a little past 10:00am and got to sit in the waiting room and enjoyed the peacefulness of the temple.  I even read most of Joseph Smith History in the Doctrine and Covenants.  It was good to be back in the temple after a few busy weeks staying away because of the Nauvoo crowds.  However, we are coming to realize that we can still attend the morning sessions because most of the patrons are youth doing baptisms!  I also found out that Elder Rosenberg received his endowment today.  He plays "Jimmie" in the part of Rendezvous that I play his "Pa".  That makes all the Young Performing Missionary Elders endowed now.

Then mom and I went grocery shopping and got back to our Carthage home at around 2:30pm.  We had a nice lunch and, after I got the dishes cleaned up, I took an hour nap!  Oh how great that was!  We left for Nauvoo and our Rendezvous Play around 5:45pm.  All the way into Nauvoo, we worked on my Editor part.  It is coming ever so slowly... but my "Pa" part went very well tonight.  The audience was so great tonight and it is kind of a positive addiction when they laugh and clap and holler for you!

It is so good to be a part of so many good peoples lives.  Both those we serve coming to the Nauvoo and Carthage sites, and those we serve with.  It is just a little bit of heaven in my minds eye!

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you to get those lines memorized!☺ You'll get them!! That will be a fun part for you to play! We love you!!❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a copy of your lines and put them in sheet protectors and hang them in the shower! I use to do this all the time for reviewing for tests and it worked great! 😉☺

    ReplyDelete