JellyPages.com

Saturday, July 25, 2015

July 25, 2015 - Saturday in Carthage

We had some early morning rain and thunder and lightning wake us up this morning.  But, by 5:30am we were able to take a brisk morning walk, after we had our devotional and prayers.  It was a beautiful day that got humid as the afternoon wore on.  I had some interesting interactions this morning as we went out for our walk.  We had a transient member come the night before Elder Holland was scheduled to come to Carthage two weeks ago.  I thought I had gotten him the help he needed to get back to his home state, but he was back this morning.  I spent the better part of the morning making contacts with local leaders and his Bishop back in Ogden, Utah.  It was a flash-back to my transient Bishop days!  I hope he was able to make the necessary decision to get back to Utah where he would have an ecclesiastical leader to help him.

The Visitors center was busy all day today with a steady flow of guests.  We had a Spanish ward schedule and come for a tour today, so I made arrangements yesterday to have a Spanish missionary here today.  I wanted her to do a companion split with one of our Carthage missionaries but that didn't happen.  We ended up having to quickly train a new sister missionary in given the tour here in Carthage.  It all worked out well.

Then, mom and I were off this afternoon before Rendezvous, and I was able to get a nice nap in.  That was wonderful!  At about 5:30pm, mom and I then left for Nauvoo and our Rendezvous Play.  We both did our parts and my Vignette with Jimmie and Marie went off without a hitch.  I found out that on August 4th, all the Pa's, and the Jimmie's, and the Marie's do a special show for all the Young Performing Missionaries.  We will each do our Vignette and get to see the others as they perform.  Mom was invited along with me, so this should be a fun activity.  Unfortunately it is on our night off and we have to travel back into Nauvoo.  I think it will be a fun time for us as the YPM's prepare to return home.  We have the whole Fall and Winter and Spring to catch up on our rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment