JellyPages.com

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 7, 2015 - Tuesday in Carthage

Well, it has been an interesting day.  We are going into the busiest week of the year this week.  There are more scheduled tours beginning tomorrow than any other week of 2015.  This is what we have been working toward in helping the Carthage Missionaries prepare for the large groups.  Now we will execute and see what happens.

Mom and I had a good morning starting off with our devotional and prayers.  We had breakfast together and then we arrived at the Visitors Center bright and early at 8:30am.  I did get word that one of our single sister missionaries got sick last night and she and her companion would not make the schedule today.  And why did she get sick?  She gorged herself on junk food that began with a pound of bacon and lots of packaged cookies and crackers.  Too bad she didn't think about who might be affected by her choices!   I think I might have some material for a talk..... but then again, how many times have I done something foolish that affected someone else.....?   

I took this picture of this history tour group out of Ogden, Utah.  I felt an immediate connection with this group when the bus driver came up to me and asked me for an "Urban Cowboy".  It caught my immediate attention!  I recognized John from the deli...  He is the man on the right side of the picture! I am sure both Tommy and Jared remember him!  It is fun to make hometown connections!


My studies for the "Editor" are progressing ever so slowly.  Memorizing parts is something I am not very good at.  Give me a hammer and a nail along with a work project and I can do fairly well.  I can clean up a dirty car as good as almost anyone... and, I can also work with groups of people and get along fairly well.  But tell me to memorize some lines and get up in front of people and recite them is something of another story for sure.

I think with mom helping me everytime we drive into Nauvoo, which is several times each week, we are both learning the lines!   But I think mom remembers them so much better than me.  How is that possible?  I guess I had better go and practice right now.....

Thank you for checking in with me tonight!  I sure enjoy posting these thoughts and experiences each night.  And I appreciate your comments and support and prayers for mom and me!





3 comments:

  1. Wasn't that our bus driver for trek too?? I am eating brownies as I read about the junk food gorging... It's Macie's fault, right??☺We are praying for you to get those lines down!! It'll happen.❤👍 We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess who FINALLY got on to your blog?!? This Girl! Oh Yeah! That's funny about the junk food! You'd think you would learn by the time you are that age? But just like you said How many times have my choices affected someone else? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized him from trek too! That's funny! You'll get the lines! You just need to get up on stage and do them. With all you preparation and studying, the Lord will make up the rest!

    ReplyDelete