JellyPages.com

Monday, July 27, 2015

July 27,2015 - Monday in Carthage

I am kicking myself for not taking a picture today.  After our Rendezvous Play I was talking with Elder Rosenberg and found out his family was in the audience.  He plays "Jimmie" in the play that I play the part of "Pa".  It was so fun to meet them and talk with them for a few minutes.  His brother, Cory, just returned from the Seoul, Korea Mission and he knew Jack Champion in the MTC.  Jack is the son of close family friends back in Fremont, California.  The Rosenburgs were driving to Missouri tonight to be closer to Liberty Jail for a tour there tomorrow, but I didn't even think about a picture with them until after getting back home tonight...  old age is really settling in.

The balance of the day was busy.  We had several bus tours of youth from Kentucky and Texas.  The group from Kentucky was especially lethargic.   They were coming off a 7 hour bus ride and the leaders made Carthage their first stop.  To me, that is a huge mistake.  The kids were tired and unprepared for the events of Carthage.  I spent some time trying to prepare them for the experience and they were non responsive.  We had them sing hymns before the movie and the tour, and they were still non responsive. 

Then I found out they had discussed a Jeffrey R Holland talk on the bus and I was able to talk about the tour with Elder Holland's family two weeks ago.  I did that right after the movie and right before the tour of the Jail.  It helped quite a bit. 

Then, I had all 41 of them in the Martyrdom room and the Spirit finally caught up with most of them.  It was a sweet experience to see them have an "ah ha" moment and to feel the special Carthage spirit only available in the Martyrdom room.  I would be interested to see how this affected those precious youth.  The leaders came back into the Visitors Center right before they left and gave mom and I two honorary Louisville Kentucky Stake Youth Conference Tee Shirts.  It was a wonderful experience for me....

Now, I've just got to remember to take more of those important pictures and my days may just be more complete in the future....

No comments:

Post a Comment