JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 5, 2016 - Thursday in Nauvoo

This day was a near picture perfect day.  The morning temperature was in the mid 40's and the morning air was so crisp and cool with no breezes.  Mom had an appointment to have her hair cut at 6:00am, so I went solo for the extended walk.  We parted company after our morning devotional and prayers.  

I got back to the house at a few minutes past 7:00am and finished a 30 minute workout routine before getting ready for the day.  After breakfast, and a few more morning routines to complete, I decided to walk the mile and a half to the Brickyard for my morning assignment.  Mom had the assignment at the Pendleton Home and Log School.  She prefers not to walk in her dress shoes, but I could not pass up the additional time to enjoy this beautiful day in the great outdoors.

At the Brickyard we had a school tour.  We did not get any advanced notice that they were coming!  When they did arrive, I took half the almost 60 students, and parents, in one of the presentation rooms.  They were all non members of the Church in this school group....  We have strict instructions to not use religious phrases in the school tour presentations.....  

So, I just taught these young baptism aged youth how important it is to build their lives with solid building materials like bricks.  That way their houses, and their lives, will be stronger!  Then I added how important it is to follow people they know, and trust, to help "mold" them into good, strong citizens.  Perhaps what helped the most was when I promised that I would give every "listening" and "quiet" student a Nauvoo Brick!  And I told them that their teacher would hand these bricks to those who were the best students on their ride back home!

Needless to say, I made friends with the children and the adults!  I spoke with two parents after the tour and invited them back to the Rendezvous Play and to follow us on the Nauvoo website.  Who says you have to use "religious" phrases to teach the principles of the Gospel??

Our shifts ended at 2:30pm today.  We came home and changed into some casual clothes and rested for the afternoon.  We had our Rendezvous Play tonight and ended up with two shows.  The second show was for an area authority seventy.  He was here with his family for the marriage of his daughter.  What was interesting was the finance's family were not members of the Church and they made up half the 70+ audience in the 8:15pm show.  I was grateful to be able to tell the story of Nauvoo during the 1840's to this special group of "investigators"!

Well, it is getting late.  We have a mission breakfast tomorrow morning at 7:00am.  And then mom and I are going to Carthage with a group of FM gardeners to prepare the flower beds for some plants to replace the tulips.  Thank you for checking in with us tonight!  We appreciate each of you with your love and your support and your comments on the blog!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love how you share the gospel without words❤️😉.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to teach them dad 😊!

    ReplyDelete