JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 19, 2016

May 19, 2016 - Thursday in Nauvoo

Happy Birthday Mia!  Granny and Grandpa hope you had a fun day!  We were up this morning, bright and early, and ready to begin the day.  We had our morning devotional and prayers, and then took our nice and long morning walk.  It was a near perfect morning with the temperatures barely in the 40's with absolutely no wind.  We enjoyed the beautiful morning workout. 

The cool morning mist hanging over the lower flats!
Our assignments today took mom to the Post Office for an afternoon shift, and I got the nod to be at the Brickyard for a long morning shift.  We had our schedules changed from the Handcart site, today, since there were no tours scheduled there.  So I got to give the school tours at the Brickyard again today.  We had 175 second grade students come into Nauvoo for their annual field trip.  This was a fun group and they were very well prepared for their historical experience.

Then, just as I was getting off my shift, I noticed this Idaho Falls Police Car parked in front of the Brickyard!  I found out who the officer was.  He was heading back to Idaho Falls with his son after driving to Alabama to pick up his police dog.  And, he was well acquainted with our son!  Here is the action shot;

Met Jed and his son here at the Brickyard today!
After a good day at the Brickyard, I went home and took a nice one hour nap.  I was up on time and went over to pick up mom at her site by 5:00pm, and then we came home and got ready for Rendezvous.  We had an outstanding audience tonight, and mom and I got to do our parts.  It makes such a difference having an audience that openly appreciates our efforts!  And we were blessed to remember all of our lines!

Then, as we were driving home, the sun was just setting over the Mississippi.  I caught this shot at a very good time;

Sunset over the Mississippi
This picture made a nice ending to our day of service here in Nauvoo.  And we were so grateful we got to talk to Mia for her birthday!  Many happy returns precious girl!  We are looking forward to seeing you!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! I want to have as much energy as you guys when it's my turn to be a granny!😉

    ReplyDelete