JellyPages.com

Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016 - Monday in Nauvoo

We love our Monday P-days!  We had different events planned for our days of preparation.  First, we enjoyed our morning devotional and prayers.  Then we soaked in the beautiful morning air with our nice long walk around Nauvoo flats.  It is beginning to warm up to more consistent temperatures.  Today we started off with temperatures in the low 50's.  We got back to the house a little before 7:00am, and it was already hitting the low 60's.  

While mom was getting ready for her day, I finished some exercises, and then I finished getting ready.  We left the house at about 8:20am for the 9:00am temple session.  We then drove to Keokuk for our grocery shopping and got back home at 12:30pm.  It was warm, with the temperature in the high 70's when we got back to our little home.  I quickly changed and fired up the lawn mower and did the coliseum cut on our large lawn area.  

Mom was very watchful over this crazy worker, and made sure I had plenty of water, since the temperature kept going up.  Finally after an hour and twenty minutes mom put a stop to my coliseum cut and made me wrap up the job.  Actually I was glad she did.  I was sweating like a pig, and felt my body temperature rising.  You see, there are no major trees giving shade on this property we are living at.  I was in straight sun for over an hour.  Believe me the cold shower felt good!

Looks like the Goslings are going for advanced swim lessons!
After the cold shower and a wonderful nap, we got ready for Rendezvous.  This was our "off" night.  We had very small supporting roles.  We had about 50 in the audience and many new missionaries.  We got a lot done today, including more work on our talks for Sunday.  It was a great day of preparation!

No comments:

Post a Comment